Monday, April 16, 2018

Cat's Game

If there is no point, then it is pointless
To play games in which no one wins, ever.
Some, I know, are let to win regardless
Because they're small, or cute or they're clever

Tic Tac Toe, for sure, is a feline's game,
No one wins, I swear, only mimic moves
Til there's nothing left that isn't the same
As fitting x and o into cat's grooves,

I'm a game cynic; lost many times,
I want to toss those boards and those pieces
Away, bury 'em, cover 'em with lime,
Don't want to play, even with nieces,

I will sit and read books, maybe to you.
Can't fathom a game. A story or two?



---Shakespearean Sonnet






In celebration of National Poetry Month (April),

I am joining many others in an attempt
to write and post a poem a day.
After years of inactivity
this blog should soon be swirling in words,
if it all works as planned!
 
 
Maureen Thorson has a wonderful site which links to many, many poem-a-day blogs. Be sure to take a look at it, one never knows what one will find!!!

 

2 comments:

  1. Yes! I made a horrid playmate for my son when he was growing up -- but reading! Ah, reading! By the hour, I'd read to him. I'd tell stories and recite poetry when we were hiking and biking. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm actually much better than I used to be - it's a matter of choosing the right game, I think.

      Delete